How To Embed a Quiz on your WordPress Site January 04, 2021
If you manage a WordPress site, we have good news for you. It's now easier than ever to embed a quiz on your website. You just need to install the plugin, create a quiz and embed it in a page or a post. Follow these easy steps:
Install the plugin
- Open your WordPress administration panel and click the “Plugins” tab on the left hand side.
- Click the “Add New” button on top of the page.
- Search for “Code Rubik”. The first result should be “Quizzes, Surveys, Contests and Quizzes for Pages”.
- Click the “Install Now” button.
- Click the “Activate” button and you're all set!
Create a quiz
- Create a new quiz and follow the steps to configure it and add questions.
- Once you get to the Publish section, click the “On a Webpage” submenu on top of the page.
- Copy the Share URL. You will need it to set up the quiz on your WordPress site.
Embed the Quiz on your site
- Go back to your WordPress site and create a new page or a new post.
- On top of the editor, you will find a new “Insert a questionnaire” button. Click on it and a modal window will open.
- Paste the Share URL to the quiz you copied earlier and click the “Insert” button.
- A shortcode has been added to the editor text box. When you publish and preview the page, the shortcode will be converted to an embedded quiz that visitors can answer.
What about the Gutenberg editor?
If you are using the new WordPress Gutenberg editor, no worries, we've got you covered! You can add a “Quiz, Survey, Contest or Quiz” block to your page and paste in your Share URL. The quiz will be embedded on your page in just the same way.